Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Inventory
So recently or should I say Sunday night, I had inventory for the retail store I worked at. Usually, I prepare myself for working about 6 hours because normally it takes that long. As we were doing inventory, we noticed that our team kept up and was over prepared to the company that came in who would scan every single item in the store. It seemed like a pretty chill night, but afterawhile we started to get impatient and irritated because the scanning team assigned to our store took forever to scan all these items. From 6 hours it became 9 hours and I was pretty furious that it took that long. Our store is the smallest compare to the other Zumiez stores on the island who also had inventory the same night. The fact is that I got mad because we took double the amount of time all the other stores did and it was like 7 am in the morning and I definitely wasn't going to make it to my classes on Monday. Before I could careless about going to school, but I would have to say within this past year I've been on it with going to class and applying what I learn in classes to outside of life. This is pretty much a rant post, so I apologize for that. Other than that I was proud of my staff for working hard and being on top of things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Although I can't relate, I do feel you pain or rather your weariness. You should bring it up, maybe the other group is trying to make OT or more paid time? Sounds like you and your crew could have handle inventory and scanning and be out of there sooner :) Hope your next work load gets you home earlier and no more sleepless nights before a school day. Awesome read!
ReplyDelete